CREATING THE CEREMONY
The ceremony is the centerpiece of the entire wedding event. My job as wedding officiant is to prepare and deliver—professionally and as the couple desires – the ceremony, including the vows, the ring ritual, and the proclamation of marriage.
Here is my proven, effective, enjoyable method for creating the right and perfect ceremony:
- Once your contract and deposit have been received, we will have an initial planning meeting—with both the bride and groom present, if possible, or via phone or e-mail.
- At this meeting, we will discuss in more detail the type of service you want—religious, spiritual/inspirational, romantic, traditional, nontraditional, or any combination. We can discuss the various features of the ceremony and your ideas and preferences, and customize the ceremony just for you. For example, you could consider such questions as whether you want to include music; favorite or meaningful poetry; scripture or prose; a summary of your own story – how you met and how your relationship developed; personal or religious rituals; declarations to read to each other; a mini-ceremony such as a candle or rose ceremony within the overall ceremony; and acknowledgment of loved ones present or absent.
- I then will custom create a ceremony to best reflect what we have discussed and what you want. I will send the ceremony as an e-mail attachment so you can see if it works for you. You can make any changes or additions that you want. I can give you further input, ideas and guidance, as desired. You can return your revised ceremony to me in an e-mail attachment, or tell me what changes you want and I will make them. We will continue the process until you have exactly the ceremony – the features, wording and feeling – that you want. I will print and prepare the final ceremony.
Of course, if you prefer to write you own ceremony, I am available to help and to present it.
- On your wedding day, I will make certain that everyone in the wedding party knows where to be and what to do. I will arrive at the wedding site thirty minutes to an hour before the ceremony.
- After the ceremony, I will be responsible for signing the marriage license and seeing to it that two designated witnesses also sign, to make the proceedings legal.
- Together, we will create a joyous wedding!
As officiant, I am available for pre-marital counseling if desired.
I charge $300 to $500 depending on the complexity and time involved. For example, attending a rehearsal and extensive traveling will increase the rate. My main goal is to be of service, so my fees are reasonable and flexible.
After talking to you and getting a general idea of your plans and the nature of the wedding, I will give you a fair quote.
When you choose me as your wedding or vow renewal officiant, I will send you a simple contract to reserve the date on my schedule. A $100 nonrefundable deposit is required with the signed contract, the balance due before the wedding.
I am located in Half Moon Bay, with its beautiful beaches and venues perfect for weddings or vow renewals. I serve Half Moon Bay, Coastside, Peninsula, and the San Francisco Bay Area.
Rev. Raymond Teague